In order for the body to perform in its most efficient function, internal homeostasis must be maintained. When talking about internal homeostasis, it refers to the balance between the pH of the internal body environment. For example, a body that is acidic cannot perform body functions accordingly. In connection with this, there are times that a person does not even know that he is already experiencing acidity of the body.
Stages of Acidity and its Signs and Symptoms
There are three main classification of the signs and symptoms of body acidity. These are classified in terms of stages.
The early acidic stage is when a person is just a little bit acidic. Sometimes, this is tolerable and may not progress to a lot more serious stage as well as signs and symptoms of body acidity. The main signs and symptoms that you can see in a person suffering from early acidity stage are:
- chest and head mucous, joint pains, hands and feet that are cold, decrease drive for sex, dizziness, chemical sensitivity, heartburn, metallic taste in the mouth, urine that is smelling strong, hyperactivity and muscular pain. Furthermore, there are also some suggested signs and symptoms for the early stage of acidity. These are fatigue, premenstrual tension, acne, panic attacks, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, tongue that is coated and bloating.
When there is no remission of the acidity occurred at the early stage, it can lead to the next stage which is the intermediate acidic stage. The signs and symptoms in this stage are more serious and could predispose harm to the affected individual. The signs and symptoms include:
- swelling or inflammation, hives, impotence, cold sores, migraine headaches, viral infections, endometriosis, eczema, psoriasis, foggy brain and depression. Apart from that, the person may also experience other signs and symptoms of this stage and these are memory loss, insomnia, bronchitis, cystitis, fungal infections, sinusitis, asthma, environmental allergies and bacterial infections.
There are some cases that during the intermediate stage of body acidity, it is not given with proper attention. Because of this, it leads to the more complicated stage of body acidity which is called severe acidic stage. The main signs and symptoms of this stage are:
- cancers, scleroderma, schizophrenia, SLE or Systemic Lupus Erythematosis, tuberculosis, Hogkin’s disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, Chron’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis. As you observe, the signs and symptoms at this stage are very fatal and could cause life threatening condition to the affected person. Aside from that, these are clusters of serious health alterations that need close watching as well as prompt treatment from the experts in the field of medicine.
What Causes Your Body To Become Acidic?
The primary cause of body acidity is the ingestion of foods that are highly acidic in nature. The pre-packed as well as processed foods are the top food products that cause increase in the internal acidity of the body. These foods are seasoned with ingredients that alter the normal pH inside the body. Another food that is highly acidic is carbohydrate and sugar rich foods like pastas. Flesh meats, sea foods, cheese, milk, cream and other dairy products are also types of foods that can cause acidity to human body.
Aside from ingesting foods that are acidic in nature, a person exposed to pesticides will also have high chance of having acidic body.
Medications like antibiotics and those that are synthetic are also can produce acidity in the body.
How does Body Acidity Happen?
When one of these causative agents or factors is present in the system of the affected person, the cells are producing too much toxins in the body. When there is overwhelming amounts of such toxins, the body is unable to eliminate it through the portal of exits in the system. The toxins that are acidic are accumulating in the vital organs of the body causing the signs and symptoms.
How to Neutralize An Acidic Body?
- In order to combat body acidity, one must adjust or correct his diet. One way is to to reduce or eliminate those foods that are known to be acidic as mentioned above such as meats, dairy products, sweets, ice cream, cakes, alcoholic drinks, softdrinks, sea foods, and unnatural foods like junk foods, etc. Then incorporate those alkalizing foods such as vegetables and fruits. They not only neutralize your acidic body but gives your body the optimum health.
- By the time that the body of the person is acidic, it also extends to the mouth. When the mouth is acidic, there are high chances that the growth of the bacteria in this part is so fast. This is because of the fact that bacteria especially those that reside in the mouth are replicating well when they are in acidic environment. Too much presence of bacteria in the mouth will cause tooth decay to the affected person. The use of the alkaline diet is highly advised to the affected people in order to be free from these possible body acidity sequelae. Furthermore, it is advised to practice good oral hygiene even if there is no apparent presence of body acidity.
- In an acidic body, there is decline in the function of the immune system. So the proper remedy for this is to ingest non-acidic Vitamin C supplementation.
- There is an associated inflammation and swelling in a body that is acidic. So, to help prevent this, increase in the intake of foods that is high in Magnesium must be exercised.
Have A Healthy Diet
A known diet which is suited for good health is the Alkaline Diet. The main function of this type of diet with respect to the pH is to reverse the acidity happening in your body. When alkaline diet is utilized, there will be proper exchange of oxygen to your system. Therefore, there will be ample amounts of oxygenated blood that will flow to your vessels. Furthermore, alkaline body is also very much conducive for nutrient absorption. Also, there will be easy excretion of the cell toxins when the internal environment of the body is alkaline. When toxins are released out of the body, the cells will become healthier and more blooming. Thus, a person will not experience easy aging process.
Examples of Foods for Alkaline Diet
A person may be aware of the term alkaline diet but does not have the idea of the foods that are classified as alkaline. Good examples of alkaline foods are sprouts, broccoli, cucumber, wheatgrass, celery, garlic, beetroot, beans, carrots, chives, turnip, spinach and a lot more.
When a person is conscious enough with the diet or foods that he consumes, he is basically aware if the food is acidic or alkaline in nature. Thus, he has the right knowledge of what foods to consume and those that must not be ingested. Since this case is mainly caused by poor diet, the affected person has great personal responsibility to be conscious with foods that he consumes.